CASW/AON Scholarship Fund
- In order to be considered for a scholarship, an applicant must be a fully registered member of SASW in good standing.
- A scholarship will not be given to the same person twice within a five-year period.
- Priority will be given to SASW members who can demonstrate that they have limited access to continuing education opportunities within their region or field of practice and who are unable to receive sufficient financial support from their employer.
- Priority will be given to SASW members who have supported SASW through volunteer activities within the past five years.
- No single scholarship shall be for an amount higher than $1000.
- Applications will be submitted to the SASW office and must include;
- a copy of the brochure for the planned activity;
- a description of the need, which addresses any barriers the applicant faces in accessing continuing education.
- The SASW Awards Committee has the right to make decisions with regard to scholarship applications. If a member of the committee has knowledge of an applicant that member shall recuse him/herself from discussion or decision making related to that application.
- The committee may review applications electronically.
- Once the available funds have been expended in a given year a notice will be posted on the SASW website informing members that no more funds are available.