International Applications

If you have a degree in social work from a country outside Canada or the United States it must be evaluated by a credential assessment agency approved by the Council of the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers (SASW). If the assessment concludes that your degree is equivalent to a Canadian social work degree program you will be eligible to apply for registration in Saskatchewan.

You will need to apply directly to The Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW) to have your degree assessed: or a member of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (ACESC)

CASW/ACESC can/will send notification of their decision directly to the SASW as well as to you. Once you have received confirmation that your degree is equivalent to a Canadian degree, you may begin the application process to become a Registered Social Worker in Canada.