Notice of 2019 registration renewals for registered social workers
|Full Time Registration: $360||Part Time Registration: $225|
|Non-Practicing Registration: $92|
- Between December 2nd and December 31st, a late payment fee of $15 will automatically be applied to your registration renewal
- A reinstatement fee of $50 will automatically be applied for all applications completed on or after January 1st.
Issuing of Official Income Tax Receipts/LicencesOfficial income tax receipts and licences will be mailed to members when the renewal application has been completed, all fees have been paid in full and when the Registrar has approved your online renewal and continuing professional education activities.
If you are being reimbursed by your employer, you may want to consider submitting your online renewal well before the December 1st deadline to ensure that your renewal can be approved/processed and the official income tax receipt and licence can then be mailed to you before Christmas. Once you receive your official income tax receipt and licence, from the SASW office, you can submit it to your employer for reimbursement.
Guidelines for completion of registration renewals within the SASW online system
Step 1 - Member Login
Go to www.sasw.ca and click on Member Services Login (orange button) to enter your username and password. Once you have entered the username and password, you will be taken to your Member Home Page (portal) where you can see the information that SASW has in its online system, and find links that will take you to pages where you can update or enter new information.
- If you do not remember/have your username and password, you must retrieve this information by entering the email that you have in the SASW online system. The online system will send your username/password directly to this email.
- You are being provided, within this package, the current email that SASW has in its system for you. If you no longer use this email or you have changed your email, you will need to notify the SASW Office (email@example.com) of a change to your email. The office will then make the change within the online system so you can retrieve your username/password. To avoid late charges and the delay of your registration, please ensure that you do this well before the December 1st deadline.
- For confidentiality/security reasons, the SASW office cannot provide usernames and passwords over the telephone or through email requests.
Step 2: Reporting of Continuing Professional Education (CPE)- To enter your CPE activities, from the Member Home Page click on Enter CONTINUING EDUCATION ACTIVITY RECORD. Select the appropriate category for each activity and enter the information as required.
- You must enter activities in at least two categories and the hours must total a minimum of 40 hours.
- The Appendix 1 - Definitions/Recording Requirements for Continuing Professional Education Activities, which is enclosed within this package, will assist you with recording your CPE activities.
- Once you have entered a minimum of 40 hours of CPE activities, in two of the three categories, you will be given the ONLINE RENEWAL link.
- The reporting of a minimum of 40 hours of CPE is mandatory for individuals who were practicing members (full time or part time) in 2018 as per the enclosed SASW Continuing Education Policy. You will not be able to complete the renewal process until the continuing education requirement has been met.
- If in 2018 you were non-practicing or a new member, you are EXEMPT from reporting continuing education for 2019 renewal year; therefore, you will not get the Continuing Education Link. You can proceed directly to Step 3 (ONLINE RENEWAL).
- If you have questions about the categories of CPE reporting, you can access the Q&A document on the SASW website under the Membership tab ( http://sasw.ca/site/professionalEducation).
Members are asked to keep copies of their supporting documentation (brochures, certificates, receipts, etc.) as you could be randomly selected for audit by the Registrar who may request that you submit documents to the SASW Office for verification.
Step 3 - Completing Online Renewal Link
Once you have entered your continuing education activities, the system will automatically give you the ONLINE RENEWAL link. Click on the ONLINE RENEWAL link to complete the renewal form. This will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. As you scroll through the personal information that has been entered into the system, please check for accuracy of the data. If any of your personal information needs to be edited/updated, click on the field that requires editing/updating and make the necessary change(s).
Once you have updated your member profile including your employment data, you will continue within the ONLINE RENEWAL link to select your 2019 registration category, answer regulatory questions, and finally when you have completed all sections on the renewal form, the SECURE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT screen will appear. In order to complete the online renewal, you must make your payment at this time using Visa/MasterCard/Interact.
If you require a change to your name or educational data, the following is required:
a) Last Name/First Name - The Registrar requires that you complete the SASW Change of Name Form which is located on your Member Home Page (portal). Once completed, the form is sent electronically to the SASW Office where a staff member will make this change.
Please note that the name you are registered under should be the same name that you use in practice.
b) Education Data - If you have obtained another degree and want this entered into the SASW online system, members are required to order a transcript indicating that the credential has been conferred. This transcript must be sent directly to the SASW Office from the academic institution where the credential was received. The SASW office will make the change to your educational data once the transcript has been received.
- You cannot save information within the ONLINE RENEWAL link and come back later to make the registration fee payment.
- If your employer normally pays for your registration, you will need to pay first and then be reimbursed.
- If you do not have a personal credit card, you can purchase loadable ones from most Canada Post outlets, at drug stores and/or financial institutions.
- You have access to your Member Home Page throughout the year and can update your personal information any time if there are changes. Please make sure that you keep your home address and email address current in the system so that the SASW office can communicate with you throughout the year.
If you have questions about the renewal process, members are encouraged to visit the SASW website (Frequently Asked Questions) http://sasw.ca/site/faq-rsw or you can call the SASW office at
(306) 545-6877 and we will be pleased to assist you.